OUR 2022 SUMMER SCHEDULE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
Make sure to get your MBHS athletic package turned in (including physical). New athletes welcome. Let's get ready for a GREAT season!
Cross Country training always involves a mix of team practices and running on your own. Here are some tips:
Pirate Summer Training Guidelines
Applicable Every Summer - and Beyond!
1. Turn in our physical and MBHS athletic forms as soon as possible - ideally before summer begins.
2. Follow our training schedules consistently and build mileage gradually.
3. Attend team practices if we are in town.
4. Make training the most important thing we do every day aside from eating, sleeping, family requirements and other essential activities.
5. Keep our feet in good running shoes.
6. Find a running buddy or group of teammates to train with on days when there is no team practice.
7. Do as much of our running as possible on forgiving surfaces - dirt, grass, and beach hardpack.
8. Swim (the best cross-training for distance runners).
9. Have fun!
Our winning tradition in Cross Country goes back to 1967! We want YOU to join the Long Royal Blue Line!
League Championship Teams, Girls: 2017 (Los Padres League) and 2018 (CCAA Ocean League).
League Championship Teams, Boys: 2012 and 2013, both Los Padres League
CIF Team Trophy: 2018 Girls Central Section Division 3, 2nd place
Individual League Champions:
Girls: Audrey McCLish 2015, 2016, 2017; Adrienne Frere 2018
Boys: Austin Lay, 2013, 2014
NCAA Division I National Letters Of Intent:
Austin Lay - UCSB 2015
Andrew Stafford - Portland State 2016
Newcomers & Returnees
Please make sure that you obtain your 2022-23 MBHS ATHLETIC CLEARANCE in time to begin training with the team. Print, fill out, and submit the forms below to the athletic office.
Athletic Clearance (REQUIRED YEARLY)
2) HISTORY FORM: Note: This form is to be filled out by the patient and parent prior to seeing the physician. This form needs to be completed and turned in with your physical to the Athletic Office.
3) PHYSICAL EVALUATION: To be returned along with the Athletic Contract.
All forms, including parent volunteer, located HERE